Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Il-2KR recovery from Sakhalin taiga
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:17:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Il-2KR recovery from Sakhalin taiga  (Read 4286 times)
KL

« on: November 07, 2014, 07:20:45 PM »

Post-war Il-2KR was recently recovered from taiga.  Paint and markings are well preserved on wing undersides.  Plane was repainted several times and various shades of light blue are very interesting.  Camouflage colours unfortunately are not well preserved.

more at http://skr.su/news/242285

HTH,
KL
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 07:24:25 PM by KL » Logged
learstang

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 12:27:23 AM »

Now that's interesting! It looks like it was made at Zavod 30 (I think that's a "30" at the front of the serial number). That looks like an arrow wing.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
learstang

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 12:37:28 AM »

I'm afraid my Russian is still much too limited, Konstantin. Does the article mention what happened to the bronekorpus or how they know it was an Il-2KR?

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 07:39:37 AM »

Hi,
interesting images.
The serial is readable somewhere. It starts with 30, so the plane was built in z.30.
The red stars under the wings are interesting. The original ones were smaller and pointed in divergent way; this was introduced with the arrow wings; probably they continued to use the distance from the leading edge or the aileron hinge line as a reference, without modifying the values used with the straight wings. The star was overpainted with a larger one, probably parallel to the axis of the plane.
The bright green wheel disk is interesting, the shade resembles one seen on a piece of seat of MiG-3. I wonder if it was so bright when new.
Bolts aren't repainted, so this was likely the original factory paint.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 05:41:32 PM »

That looks like the green they used for the coolant system. I've seen a similar colour used on the coolant tank over the engine gear housing.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 06:08:19 AM »

Hi Jason, I agree to say it resembles the A-7.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: