Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Strange underwing Stars.
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 03:57:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange underwing Stars.  (Read 5652 times)
barneybolac

« on: March 01, 2015, 02:24:30 AM »

Found this photo on some Russian sites no information at all with the photo.

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 09:11:26 AM »

Hi Rodney,
I took in consideration this photo to make a profile some months ago, unfortunately I can't see the bort numbers and not even their position, so I renounced.
The white band on the wings is a regimental mark, I don't remember well of what unit. If you want, I can ask again to Timoshenko.
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 05:07:47 AM »

If you would that would be great always interested in finding out new things.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 08:36:42 AM »

Hi,
here is another photo and the related text from http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il-2/il2-camo/il-2m3/il2m3-camo.htm

Image of planes of 655 ShAP / 136 Gv.ShAP . The most important characteristics are the wide white bands around both wings, typical of this unit; the planes show often a white tip of the spinner too.
Another plane of this unit is known to have a light spinner with two dark thin lines on it.
These planes of these photos looks built in Z.18 because of the flushed gun fairing and light rudder.
Below, pilot Ya.A. Korovin (left) and his gunner in front of the line.
Thanks to V. Timoshenko for his help.

The plane of the other photo is from the same unit, but is built in Z.1 instead of Z.18.

Looking at the blurried photo of the spinner of n.5, I can't fully exclude that it was painted in the same way of the other plane.

Regards
Massimo
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:45:57 AM by Massimo Tessitori » Logged
barneybolac

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 04:01:06 AM »

Thank you for that.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 03:38:46 PM »

You're welcome.
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 04:30:32 PM »

My friend Greebo who I gave this thread to liked this IL-2 & did a skin for the Sim game I play.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,370669.0.html

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 08:48:14 PM »

Hi Rodney,
very good images. Your friend has done a fine work. Maybe one could refine the screeenshots with Photoshop to delete some angles and to make them more similar to photos.
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 11:40:56 PM »

Hi Rodney,
very good images. Your friend has done a fine work. Maybe one could refine the screeenshots with Photoshop to delete some angles and to make them more similar to photos.
Regards
Massimo

Don't know I will mention it to him.
learstang

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 09:14:58 PM »

Very nice screenshots! Looks like the old "Il-2 Sturmovik" (should be "Shturmovik"!) Game. Your friend did an excellent job on the scheme.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: