Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tu-2 326 BAD. Red 2.
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 07:46:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tu-2 326 BAD. Red 2.  (Read 4458 times)
barneybolac

« on: April 03, 2015, 12:43:42 AM »

Found this profile & was looking for information on it & it turns out it was used in a documentary film during the war. What surprised me was how glossy the paint is on the skin you can see the ground crews reflections on the paint in some scenes. Any other observation would be welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWWfam0tw_Y

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 07:28:58 AM »

Hi Rodney,
the plane in this movie was repainted (green, I suppose) after the war. Only the rudders and fins look to have preserved the original camouflage.  We see some camouflaged planes at the end of the movie. Can you understand if they are built during the war, or (more likely) after?
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 06:22:24 PM »

Hi Rodney,
the plane in this movie was repainted (green, I suppose) after the war. Only the rudders and fins look to have preserved the original camouflage.  We see some camouflaged planes at the end of the movie. Can you understand if they are built during the war, or (more likely) after?
Regards
Massimo

A solid colour like green seems most plausible for most of the skin of the aircraft. Then the outer portions of the vertical stabilizers & rudders would be what colour/colours? 

I know they used these aircraft well after the war would they go to so much trouble to tape off the #2 then repaint over the plane? Also would they still have gunners positions post WWII? I was thinking along the lines that it still is during the war you see a couple of WWII era aircraft flying over head & on the ground.

Is it possible this was always mostly a green coloured aircraft & the profile is just wrong?
I don't know about the others in the video I don't know any Russian to know if it was filmed during the war based off of the commentary. One of them has a bort number on it possibly #8.

learstang

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 08:39:57 PM »

For what it's worth, the caption on the profile says it's at Malino airfield in the summer of 1944.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
barneybolac

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 05:30:05 PM »

For what it's worth, the caption on the profile says it's at Malino airfield in the summer of 1944.

Regards,

Jason

http://www.weathergraphics.com/tim/russia/Malino.htm
learstang

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 08:08:13 PM »

I see; so it's south of Moscow.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print