Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Warpaint No.107 Ilyushin Il-2 "Sturmovik"
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 09:33:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warpaint No.107 Ilyushin Il-2 "Sturmovik"  (Read 2995 times)
Graham Boak

« on: June 30, 2016, 11:50:04 AM »

This is the latest book in the Warpaint series, and is written by Oleg Rastrenin, illustrated by Andrey Yurgenson.  I'm not going to give a detailed breakdown of the book, which would require a more thorough read than I've yet given it.  Those interested can look for themselves: I suspect most of the readership is familiar with this series.

What is noticeable, to me, is the number of schemes shown for later aircraft in a 2-colour scheme of green and brown.  This used to be expected in publications of this kind, but has been superseded by the green, then green/black, then 3-colour schemes.  Unlike earlier Western publications this work mentions the correct designations of Soviet paints (if perhaps a little vague on their application) and does begin with the green and green/black schemes.  However, despite describing the 3-colour scheme as standard from 1st August 1943, it has no constraint on suggesting green and brown as the only two uppersurface colours in a large number of cases, including 1945 examples.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: