Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Belly line of Pe-2?
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:53:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Belly line of Pe-2?  (Read 2695 times)
Graham Boak

« on: May 14, 2017, 10:18:35 PM »

I've copied this from my earlier M-82 thread as I don't think many people will have seen it, and it is of more general application. 

What is the shape of the belly?  Is it flat from the nose past the bomb-bay, with the creation of the ventral gun bath contours beginning aft of this?  Or is there a small step up (down?) at the start of the bomb-bay and it is this line that continues aft?  This is very difficult to make out in photos: there is one good view of a 115-series aircraft where this step is visible, or appears to be so, both at the front of the bay and at the sides, but it isn't very large and it can't be made out in other views.   Or is it just a slightly bulged bomb bay?   I did wonder if this was a late mod to fit larger bombs in the bay, but I can't find any mention of this and the 115 series can't be described as "late".
Graham Boak

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 05:52:56 PM »

I was browsing in the Other Soviet-built Multi-engine Types forum, and found this on the UM Pe-2.
http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=1318.0

Looking at the plans, the bomb-bay doors do show this bulge as the start of the underside fairing leading to the ventral gun.  However, looking at the wings I don't think I'll rush to buy one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: