Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Greetings from France
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:16:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from France  (Read 1993 times)
BLG

« on: September 14, 2018, 11:26:56 PM »

Hi everybody,
I'm Bernard, from France , 68 years old. Several dozen of Tri-ang, Frog, Airfix (in bags) and Revell kits build during the sixties, all 1/72 WW2 planes  .
I still have the brown and green Airfix Il-2 and Yak-9  and the Revell I-16 in my display . Completely inaccurate, but chilhood memory.

After a 50 years break, I come back to modelism, still 1/72 planes .
My project is to build  the main types of the main aircrafts involved in the wars between 1936 (Spanish civil war) and  1945. Due to my age, I know I will not see  it completed. It's not a reason to not try.
I have choosen the soviet aircrafts as first theme for 2 reasons.  
1- The film Летят журавли,  (The cranes are flying, Quand passent les cigognes)  made me discover when I was  12-13 years old ,  the sacrifice of the Russian people during the WWII and since I am interested in all the aspects of his culture.
2- I'm methodical and follow the chronology. 1936  Among the first planes involved in the spanish civil war, I have choosen the I-16. Its numerous types will allow me to make  also planes involved  in the Japanese/ Chinese war, the Japanese/ Soviet Khalkin-Gol conflict, The Finlad /Soviet winter war and the GPW.
However, when I have discovered the Vakhmistrov's circus  in the I-16 story , I have decided to build the type 24 SPB before the TsKB-12. To present this type in zveno configuration , I had to build a TB-3 34 RN  that I present here  http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=2386.0

For the next months and may be years, I will have numerous questions to ask here to the numerous VVS experts.

Regards
Bernard
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:23:45 PM by BLG » Logged

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 02:17:04 PM »

Welcome here Bernard,
better late than never!
The images of your works will be welcome, as your questions (I hope that answers will be at the height of your expectations).
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: