Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Lavochkin La-5 FN 1/48 Zvezda
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 06:49:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lavochkin La-5 FN 1/48 Zvezda  (Read 3556 times)
Ohotnyik

« on: September 29, 2018, 05:59:44 PM »

Hello,
It was some time ago that I have showed you anything, but now I ’ll try to catch up and share with you my recently finished models.
I will not show the building process as it was done allready by several of you, but I will showcase photoes about the painting and the ready model.

My approach was to compare the existing photoes and drawings and make the most possible version.
It was difficult to chose becasue of the light-shadow contrast of the pics.

The fighter was flown by Lt. Rakov. I could not collect any more information about the unit or the pilot.
As you can see on the photoes the numbering was not put on the manufacturing plant. As I know the numbering in the plant are regularly two digit numbers, but here there is only one. You can also recognise that the original numbering was repainted. As the original decals did not fit to the shape of the number, one of my friends made a template for the number and I airbrushed  it. The light colour of the propeller can be because of the sun, as you cannot see that wear on the downward propeller wing.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 06:04:08 PM by Ohotnyik » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 08:58:49 PM »

Hi,
how do you do?
You have made an excellent La-5FN. I like this model very much.
Making that number wasn't easy, I think.
This is one of my preferred profiles.
Regards
Massimo
Anton Petrov

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 03:20:20 AM »

Model looks great! Thanks for sharing
I have to agree,  this is one of my favourite La-5FN paint schemes too.  Pity that there is not much known about this particular machine to be able to confirm many of the details about it.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 07:25:30 AM »

Hi,
this is true, particularly for the position of the number on the other side. If one supposes that it was made on the base of the second digit of the factory number, it should be backwards after another deleted number. Anyway this is not known.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: