Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Polikarpov monoplanes with radial engine. From TsKB-12 to I-185
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 07:09:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Polikarpov monoplanes with radial engine. From TsKB-12 to I-185  (Read 10458 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2021, 01:46:23 PM »

Hi Bernard,
you have made models of high interest.
Is the emblem on the tail of the UTI-3 made by a printed decal? What is written on it?
About the plane TK, is the cowling longer than usual I-16 Type 5?
Regards
Massimo
BLG

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2021, 01:11:19 AM »

Hi Massimo,
This acronym stands for UTI-3, Ути - 3 in printed cyrillic , and    in italic cursive   . The T turns into M. I was able to reproduce it on hand made decal. I was unable to understand the 3 signs on the star, so I reproduced them as I saw.
The cowlings of both planes are NACA and this changes the aspect of the planes . For the I-16 V, I  used  the drawing of Maslov and the cowling has the same length than the ICM, 15 mm  For  the UTI-3, I used  the side picture  and the cowling is longer, 17mm.

Regards
Bernard

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2021, 09:12:30 AM »

Hi Bernard,
thank you for the answer.  It's difficult to imagine what is written inside the star.
About the hinge line between fin and rudder of the UTI-3, I think that it should be covered by a two-piece strip of thin sheet as on TsKB-12 and Type 4. You could add it with a stripe of paper.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: