Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/72 Il-2 interim gunner and Il-2M by KP
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:55:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/72 Il-2 interim gunner and Il-2M by KP  (Read 4151 times)
TISO

« on: April 27, 2019, 11:51:26 PM »

I was at Moson modelling show today and on KP stand i found a few new boxes among them Il-2 with interim turret and Il-2M.
As everybody seems to agree there is no such thing as too many Il-2's, both boxes went with me.
In the each box is complete excellent (and underrated) single seat SMER kit with additional sprue with 2 seat fuselage and gunner station and 2 seat canopy.

decals and markings
Il-2 with interim gunner station:
- blue 10 major Kozlov P.P. 673 ShAP march 1943
- red 14 174. ShAP North-Western Front winter 1942-43
- white 803 kapitan Efremov A.K. 15.GShAP, january 1943

Il-2M:
- white 24 Za rodinu/Za chest gvardii, ChF VMF
- white 26 ChF VMF
- white 100 kapitan Emelyanenko V.B. HSU 7.GShAP 1943

Parts in the boxes are identical (parts for both versions) only differences being decals.
Usefull kit as one can buld all straight metal wing, wooden fuselage Il-2's from the box (single seat, interim gunner and standard 2 seat) including planes on skies.

Disciple of Error
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 09:41:27 AM »

Hi Tiso,
good to know about this effort from KP.  The Smer kit deserves to be developed, and the lack of a kit with the interim turret was a pity in consideration of the fact that this modification involved about 1000 planes.
The choice of decals is interesting too.
If they want, they can obtain an Il-2M  with arrow wing by adding a further sprue.
I hope that they could make the conversion for trainer versions too, but I fear that this variant could find only a limited market.
Regards
Massimo
TISO

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 05:16:56 PM »

Seems that KP knows Your research site  Grin
Well that makes their colour profiles more accurate than usual.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 05:18:50 PM by TISO » Logged

Disciple of Error
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 05:24:33 PM »

Good to know. I hope their decals too.
learstang

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 07:37:04 AM »

I've seen the sprues on another site. I knew it was a re-release of the Smer kit, with extras. I didn't realise it actually had parts to do the field-modified two-seater. I will certainly be buying one (or two, or three) of these. I've already built two of the original Smer kits - nice kits, and they look good when built up (one was the ski-equipped version). I've talked with one of the KP people (Jan Polc), and he stated it had extra parts for the interior. I don't know if he was referring to the extra parts for the two-seaters because as I recall, the Smer kit had a nice interior to begin with. Well, I shall see as soon as they are available for purchase. And TISO, too right about there being no such thing as too many Il-2 kits!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
TISO

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 12:37:25 PM »

There is a small problem with instructions. They used same instructions for both kits so there is a small mistake in Il-2M instructions, as it has a diferrent part of top fuselage (rounded part 68) for gunners cockpit than interim position (angular part 67).

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 06:17:40 PM »

There is a small problem with instructions. They used same instructions for both kits so there is a small mistake in Il-2M instructions, as it has a diferrent part of top fuselage (rounded part 68) for gunners cockpit than interim position (angular part 67).

Thank you for the warning on that, TISO! I shall look out for that when I buy my kit(s).

Best Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
TISO

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 01:37:00 AM »

It's just instructions both parts are present in the kits and if you know your il's not a problem

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 06:40:49 AM »

It's just instructions both parts are present in the kits and if you know your il's not a problem

I know a little bit. Wink

Best Regards,

Jason 

- Warren William Zevon
TISO

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 10:01:02 PM »

In this music video (at the beggining) there is shot clips of Emelyaneko's 100 (from which most photos are taken) and clips from piano concert in MiG-3 unit:
Я убит подо Ржевом (музыка И.Карпов, стихи А.Твардовский)
I was killed by Rzhev (music I.Karpov, lyric A. Tvardovskiy ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTV2O8wZGSs

Disciple of Error
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: