Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Brengun 1/72 Yak-1b - June 2019
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 08:23:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Brengun 1/72 Yak-1b - June 2019  (Read 6499 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: May 30, 2019, 12:05:50 AM »

Expected to be released publicly at the Brno hobby show, mid-June - scroll down about halfway:
https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95825&sid=6c147327bf5b0859fd6e43350467d05d&start=7305

Hooray!!!

John
learstang

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 07:12:50 PM »

Excellent news, John! I remember reading some negative comments about the Brengun Yak-1 razorback on BM (the upper fuselage contours were a little too sharp, but nothing that a little sanding didn't take care of), but I've built the kit and thought it was rather nice, so I'm looking forward to this kit. Now all we need are some new-mould late model Yak-9s, like a Yak-9DD, Yak-9K, Yak-9M, and a Yak-9T. In the Gentleman's Scale, of course.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 05:57:37 PM »

From Brengun's Facebook page; the overprinted date suggests that the kit will debut at Modellbrno this weekend:

It appears that the aircraft in the illustration has the triangular air intake in the port wing root, so the illustration shows a very early Yak-1b.

John
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:02:21 PM by John Thompson » Logged
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 09:06:42 PM »

At last - the Brengun Yak-1b is available for ordering through their e-store:
http://www.hauler.cz/e-shop/1-72-plastic-kits-28/yak-1b-1622

John
learstang

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 09:03:11 PM »

I guess I picked a bad year to quit buying Yak-1bs.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
learstang

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 09:06:55 PM »

Well, I just ordered it. I will probably report back once I receive it. This is all you fault, John - now I have two new Yak-1bs I have to order (I still need the Arma Hobby one).

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 12:35:36 AM »

I have mine already - actually, four of them (blush!). It's a beautiful. well-detailed kit! On opening the box, my first thought was Tamiya quality regarding the very fine detail on the small parts like landing gear. Panel lines are finely done. I like the way the wing is assembled - it's designed in such a way that you don't have to do anything to get very sharp trailing edges, since they're molded that way. You don't have to sandwich the upper and lower surfaces together, so there's no need for bothersome sanding to get the edge thinned down. The canopy is three parts, but with a bit of care and some clear adhesive, it can be assembled quite neatly, and almost looks like a vacuform. Speaking of which, word has it that Brengun will probably be releasing their own vac. canopy and photoetch, as they did on the earlier Yak-1 kit. All in all, I love it! I fully intend to order at least two more, as soon as the AMT-11/AMT-12 camouflage version is released.

John
learstang

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 01:16:44 AM »

I'm glad to hear it's such a nice kit, John. As I've said earlier, I liked their razorback Yak-1, despite having to do a little work on the kit. Obviously the spine won't be a problem area on the Yak-1b.

Best Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 03:00:36 AM »

As a postscript, it was mentioned elsewhere (72nd Aircraft forum) that someone as yet unidentified is working on a new Yak-1 decal sheet to go with these new kits.

John
learstang

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 06:13:42 AM »

That is good news - there should be lots of good markings for both the black/green and the two-grey schemes. Unfortunately, not all is looking up in Yak-land for yours truly. After years of trying, I finally snagged a Dakoplast Yak-9T at a reasonable price. I then shortly lost the spinner while working on it. However, I'm confident I'll find it, if I have to tear my room apart.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2019, 06:28:47 PM »

If the recovery fails, a spinner from almost any other 1/72 Yak kit will be very close in shape; if you have none as a spare, the Quickboost or Prop & Jet resin Yak-3 props will also work.

John
learstang

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2019, 08:49:56 PM »

Thank you for the advice, John! But I will find that spinner - this time it's personal! It just really annoys me that I promptly lost one of the most recognisable pieces of the Yak-9T - the spinner with the big cannon barrel moulded onto it. Of course I still have the fuselage halves with the aft-mounted cockpit - I haven't managed to lose those yet.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
TISO

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2019, 10:16:49 PM »

Thank you for the advice, John! But I will find that spinner - this time it's personal! It just really annoys me that I promptly lost one of the most recognisable pieces of the Yak-9T - the spinner with the big cannon barrel moulded onto it. Of course I still have the fuselage halves with the aft-mounted cockpit - I haven't managed to lose those yet.

Styrenus consumptiverus problems?
https://www.onthewaymodels.com/articles/styrenus.htm

Management recommendations are few. I have heard a great suggestion of feeding them some pieces from a cheap model on a regular basis. Keep in mind though, that the higher nutrient value in expensive plastics and brass will always lure Styrenus away from the cheap feeding stations. Try not to be over-zealous in the cleaning of your modeling area. It is beneficial to keep debris piled in all corners of the room, and especially along the base of the walls, so as to provide hidden movement pathways of which Styrenus can take advantage. Leaving open model boxes stacked in large piles throughout the room maximizes intrinsic habitat value, and allows for more than one breeding pair per houshold. Water is unnecessary, and in fact, open water containers can prove a danger to Styrenus, who is not capable of sustained swimming.

Disciple of Error
learstang

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2019, 01:20:30 AM »

My styrenus (styreni?) must be a fat little sod by now, as he's been kept very well fed by me over the years!

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2019, 09:20:41 AM »

The Brengun Yak-1b is now No.2 on Hannants' "Top Selling New Items for Last 7 Days"!

John
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: