Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
KP 1/72 La-5 and La-5F
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:03:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KP 1/72 La-5 and La-5F  (Read 4498 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: February 20, 2020, 06:54:06 PM »

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 11:53:41 PM »

Sprue images and a test build of the new KP La-5 here:
http://www.modelarovo.cz/kp-hlasi-lavoc ... -dokoncen/

Packaging and distribution by early next week; into the hands of online shops by monthend.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 08:49:37 AM »

Hi John,
seems good, apart that the transparency of the canopy is poor. It looks corrugated.  But, their La-5FN was made three years ago, or not? Why this stop?
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 12:40:56 PM »

Hi Massimo! I don't know the answer to that; maybe it was just that other projects were more important, or seemed like they would be more profitable. My understanding of the current circumstances is that the La-5 and probably the La-5F will be released this month, and that they are doing a brand-new La-5FN, to be released late this year if all goes well.

Stay safe!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 12:58:33 PM »

Hi John,
La-7 and Il-10 were expected too. I hope that they'll be released in reasonable time.
An irritating thing is that a plane is forgotten for dozens of years, and suddenly appear two or three new kits contemporarily.
Stay safe
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 09:32:45 PM »

Two boxings of La-5 "razorback" now available through AZ/KP e-shop:
https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10437,en_la-5-vvs-.html
https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10425,en_la ... alov-.html

John
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 04:28:33 PM »

I received a pair of KP La-5 kits this morning - hurray! I've only taken a very quick peek so far, but they look very good, IMHO. So good, in fact, that I think if I was asked, I'd choose the KP La-5 over the Clear Prop one - nicely detailed, and appears much easier to build. I'm just waiting for the La-5F to drop before I fire off an order to Martola, although a Czech source might be quicker.

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 07:32:22 PM »

Hi John, is the mould similar to that of the La-5FN of a pair of years ago?
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 09:11:59 PM »

Hi Massimo! Yes and no - I haven't studied it carefully yet, but some of the parts look very similar. I did pull out the La-5FN kit, and some parts are the same although arranged differently on the sprues. I noticed in particular (because I was looking for it) that the lower wing surface has the same tiny holes in it as the La-5FN kit for attachment of the very tiny teardrop-shaped bomb shackle fairings (I think that's what they are). These were a real pain in the neck to cut from the sprue, clean up, and then attach - I don't know why KP did it this way, and I was hoping this time that they would mold them as part of the wing undersides, not as a separate part again, but they made them separate. It's a very small complaint, but I still remember how troublesome they were when I built the La-5FN! I think most or all of the cockpit parts are the same, too. I might start building one of them tonight - I'll post again if I see anything interesting. Overall, it looks like a very good kit.

By the way, I'm still of the belief that the La-5 (and probably most LaGG-3's) had the cockpit finished in aluminum-coloured paint. Do you agree? I know this was discussed on this forum some time in the past.

Cheers;
John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 07:41:57 AM »

Hi John,
thank you for your answer. Yes. I think that the wooden parts of LaGG-3s and La-5 (razorback) cockpit  were finished in aluminum paint. The instrument panel should be black or very light grey.
Regards
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: