Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Best Il-2 single seater study and scale drawings
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 09:59:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Il-2 single seater study and scale drawings  (Read 903 times)
righidan

« on: January 03, 2023, 12:31:46 PM »

Dear friends,
   It was May 1982, I was a young lad, and in the magazine Modelist Konstruktor appeared some excellent scale drawings of the Il-2 made by a certain Ivan Rodionov.
   Up to this day, these are considered the best scale drawings of this famous airplane.
   After forty years, I am a grumpy old man, Ivan Rodionov is an Emeritus University Professor of Economics, but you cannot forget your first love.
   And so the excellent magazine M-Hobby has just published an article by Ivan RODIONOV (Moscow) and Sergey TRUFANOV (Rostov-on-Don) with Drawings by Sergey TRUFANOV, with sincerely thank to Dmitry Klochkov and Boris Osyatinsky.
   It is an anatomical description of an Il-2 single place of the last series, that has been recovered from Lake Kulonga.
   The publisher and the distributor have published images of a couple of the drawings, and I reproduce them here.

I intend to elaborate the main information from this article in English, and to make it accessible from Massimo site.
   At the moment the magazine is not accessible in Europe, but it can be bought from countries that accept Sberbank or Chinese accounts.
   And the good news are that such detailed analysis of other Il-2 subtypes are foreseen!
Regards
Daniele Righi

Daniele
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 09:28:59 AM »

Hi Daniele,
thank you for sharing your informations about the work of Rodionov, Trufanov  and other researchers.
If you will make an adaptation from this research, it'll be welcome on the Il-2 page of Sovietwarplanes.
Best regards
Massimo
righidan

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 09:36:24 AM »

Dear friends,
   I have summarized the new findings about the single seat Il-2 that have appeared in the latest issue of M-Hobby, and I have translated them in a pdf that you can find at the address:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WqLGnQyhPwitUc8R1xnEe9WrKSARUVkn/view?usp=sharing
   You should be able to access it without any kind of authorization, but if you face any problem, please let me know.
   If you need any photo at a larger size, you should be able to copy-paste them in Microsoft Paint, at their original resolution.
   If Massimo thinks that it can be placed in the Il-2 pages in sovietwarplanes, I consider it an honor, that is due not to the translator, but to the Authors of such an outstanding piece of research.
Regards
Daniele

Daniele
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 03:33:33 PM »

Thank you very much, Daniele! If more versions of Il-2 will be published in the future, perhaps MHobby will combine everything into a book. I'm still hoping that will happen with the information and drawings MHobby published on the Yak-9 variants a few years ago.

Is this the same person named Rodionov who wrote Rodionov's Chronicle of the Russian Air Force? I used to have it bookmarked, but now I can't find it although I haven't tried very hard yet. I remember it was posted on the web site of a British university, but you had to use Google Translate to put it into English.

John
Johann

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 10:17:57 PM »

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/staff/mharrison/aviaprom/

is that what you were looking for by any chance
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 04:36:19 PM »

Yes, that's it - thank you very much!

John
learstang

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 02:35:45 AM »

Nice work, Daniele! I have added this to my not inconsiderable collection of reference material on the Il-2.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: