Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
1/48 La-5FN V. I. Popkov
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 12:29:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/48 La-5FN V. I. Popkov  (Read 2950 times)
steph40

« on: November 28, 2020, 07:10:37 PM »

Hello,

Here is my last completion: the well known La-5FN "white 01" flown by Vitali I. Popkov from 5 Gv.IAP during Summer/Fall 1944 build with the well known 1/48 Zvezda model kit (with some Eduard photo-etched parts).

I decided not to apply white marking on the tail or the rudder of this specific aircraft... No proof that all the aircrafts of this unit wore something like that... We can see an aircraft with something which seems to be a white marking on the rudder (in the background of photo here: http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/board/index.php?topic=201.0 on post #8) but not sure she was of the same unit.
It exists some photos of V. Popkov beside E. M. Yaremenko "white 75" of the same unit at the same period and there is no trace of a white marking on the tail. So I decided to do the same on "white 01"  Smiley
Maybe I'm right, maybe not  Wink

Best regards
Stéph

1/48 aircraft of the Aces
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 07:37:42 AM »

Hi Steph,
good model indeed. I've the same kit still to build (aside to hundred of other ones). It's too early to decide how/if I will paint it, but I would like to have one built in my showcase.
I hope that something sure on the markings of that unit will emerge in the meantime.
Has any difficulty emerged from the building?
Regards
Massimo
steph40

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 11:49:43 AM »

Hello Massimo,

Thanks for the comment  Smiley
No problem with this build, but beware to the junction between the starboard side of the fuselage in front of the air intake under the windscreen and the armament hood.
Some putty necessary at the rear of the rear canopy.

Regards
Stéph

jamoliva

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 12:33:33 AM »

It looks awesome! Smiley
learstang

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 01:56:56 AM »

Beautiful job on that La-5FN! It's been awhile since I've built a La-5FN, but right now I'm working on a couple of 'razorback' La-5s in 1/72nd scale.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Stef (#6)

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 03:25:58 PM »

Hello,

Nice work on that La-5FN, which paint did you use ?

Best

Stef (#6)

Mostly 1/48 and 1/32 aircraft, a few vehicle
My blog : http://hangars6.blogspot.com/
steph40

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 10:00:16 PM »

Hello,

Thank you all for the comments and sorry for the delay in my reply.
I used Akan acrylics paints but slightly brightened.

Stef (#6) I think I have already met you on French forums there is longtime ago  Smiley

Regards
Steph.

Anton Petrov

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 11:56:01 AM »

Great build Steph! Beautiful result:)

It looks like it's very historically accurate too in terms of the colours and camo, that's great to see:).

I am still not sure though if this plane flew with the sliding part of the canopy removed or not  - the only photo of this plane I've seen shows it with the sliding part of the canopy removed. Good call on the white line on the rudder too,  you can always add it in later if there will be proof that this plane indeed had the white line on the edge of the rudder.
steph40

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 04:02:23 PM »

Thank you Anton, very appreciated  Lips Sealed

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: