Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
hi all!
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:58:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hi all!  (Read 1827 times)
mc65

« on: December 15, 2020, 03:19:20 AM »

nice to be here, thank you to accept me.

to make a long story short I'm now 55, returned to modeling in the last few years after the classic family-work-son break.
I narrowed my field of interest to the 32 and 35 scale models, WWII. having recently assembled a P39 and an I-16 (further detail separately later) and discovering this site, I am now embarking on an il-2.

cheers, Paolo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 07:07:30 AM »

Hi Paolo,
welcome here. Happy to know that you have recovered your ancient interest.
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 08:38:33 PM »

Hi Paolo! Welcome aboard. I just happen to be working on an I-16 at the moment, although at 74 (!!! Where did the time go?!) years of age, I'm still challenging my eyeballs by sticking to 1/72 scale! Again, welcome, and stay healthy.

John
learstang

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 05:49:55 PM »

Welcome to the site! I know a little bit about the Il-2, if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
mc65

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 03:34:54 AM »

thank you all very much, I'm glad to be here and learn as much as possible!

Jason, actually I'm searching and reading as much as I find on the subject, and to be honest i was looking to a color scheme to use the really big fuselage of this aircraft in 1/32. I was fascinated by a picture found on the web, but Massimo immediately pointed out that the aircraft in the image didn't match with the kit I have, the M3 version with the arrow wing... so, every suggestion is really welcomed!

cheers, P.
learstang

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 10:18:30 PM »

I you want to find some great schemes for any version of the Il-2, this is the site for it. Just look around, and I'm certain you'll find some interesting Il-2 scheme. So you have the arrow kit? There should be some arrows profiled here with some colourful quick identification markings. Good luck on your search!

Best Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: