Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
[Mikromir 1/72] Kalinin K-7
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 01:41:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mikromir 1/72] Kalinin K-7  (Read 1989 times)
BLG

« on: December 25, 2020, 03:36:12 PM »

Hello everybody.

My previous experiences with Mikromir were the TB-1 zveno 1 and Tb-1 /KB-1. The TB-1 kit was very easy to built.

Unfortunately, it is not the same with this K-7. It is necessary to trim all the parts planned to fit together and 6 out of the 18 machine-guns are absent.
The wing , in one part, is made of fiber glass, so CA is necessary to glue the other parts of the plane.
Once all the parts prepared, the building time is short for such a big plane , as there are nearly no internal details.

Closer views:

To have a better idea of the size:

Regards
Bernard

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 05:35:28 PM »

Hi Bernard,
this model is absolutely impressive. I had to look for it in wikipedia to know if it was ever able to fly. You have made a work really out of common. I'm impressed also for the contrast between the tiny details of the machine guns and the size of the airframe.
Excellent work.
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 08:09:38 PM »

Excellent work indeed! Very impressive - it must have taken you a long time to complete it in such detail.

Merry Christmas, guys!

John
BLG

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 12:34:58 AM »

Thank you  Massimo and John.
To have the history of this plane and all the available photos :   K-7

The model is big, but the parts are big also and far less numerous then in the last Revell or Airfix B-17, Lancaster or  similar kits. So I built it in less than 2 weeks. The only difficult stages are the 9 turrets. There are 135 parts  a lot of tiny PE pieces.

Regards
Bernard
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 11:06:41 AM by BLG » Logged

learstang

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 06:30:31 PM »

Amazing job on that monster! I knew it was big, but seeing it next to a B-29 makes me realise just how enormous it really was. Now I'd like to see Mikromir do the Maksim Gorkiy.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 02:24:18 PM »

Hi BLG,
Impressive build!
I supposed it was a big plane but I am really surprised with its dimensions compared to B-29. How the development moved forward during 10 years.
I would like to see the interior of the wing made as a passenger area.
Regards,
   66misos

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: