Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tatarenko La-5f
Sovietwarplanes
April 20, 2024, 01:56:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tatarenko La-5f  (Read 1302 times)
expositor

« on: August 23, 2021, 06:45:13 PM »

Is there any record of the bort number of Tatarenko's green/black La-5?  I refer to the photo in EP's book.

Thanks!

66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 07:44:37 PM »

Hi,

translated from https://cumir.ru/dmitrij-tatarenko:
"...these fighters had the inscription "Squadron Valery Chkalov" on one side of the fuselage. In many cases, the planes had another inscription - "From the collective farmers and collective farmers of the Gorky region" - on the other side. One of these planes with the yellow number "62" was handed over to Dmitry Tatarenko in August 1943."

However, how reliable it is, who knows...

regards,
   66misos

expositor

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 11:38:58 PM »

Hi Misos,

Thanks for taking the time to contribute.  My understanding, as per Massimo's 'pages,' is that the Chkalov planes went to the 4th Guards KBF, while Tatarenko, as per Red Stars, was in the 3rd Guards.  The photo
I referred to just shows the right side of his plane, with no inscriptions visible on and forward of the star.  Then, I would assume his plane was not from the Gorkii Oblast donation.  But as usual, I could be wrong!
Thanks for the bort number; but are you sure it was yellow instead of silver?

Thanks again!
Jim
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 11:48:48 AM »

Hi Jim,
I am not sure about color of the board number. I only provided translation from the Russian source. IMHO yellow color is suspicious, as well as yellow prop spiner. But as I wrote who knows.
Regards,
   66misos

expositor

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 06:31:12 PM »

Hi Misos,

Many thanks again for your time and expertise!

Jim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: