Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Accurate minitures IL-2 colors
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 05:20:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accurate minitures IL-2 colors  (Read 9244 times)
nsmekanik

« on: January 02, 2010, 06:32:16 PM »

This one has been discussed at great lengths over at Mr. Pilawskii's site, and that thread was lost in the crash, unfortunately.  I've been following the thread over on ARC closley, and now I'm even more confused then before, so I would like to get some opinions on how this plane was pianted,

and the schemes offered in the Eduard striaght wing boxing.

This is Mr. Pilawskii's interpretation,

http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/DigitalModeling/monthly_profile/jun07/jun07.htm

And here is basicaly where I'm at

Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Dark Green Man

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 05:50:29 AM »

Hello , Tim !

it's nice to see this kit come out of mothballs again  Smiley
(a little joke there)

sadly , the kit supplied decals are for a 'regular' wing Il-2 , not the 'arrow' that the kit depicts.
I'm guessing you are going to do it anyway?
(lots of other people have)

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »

Hi,
I think that this could be taken as a base.

Massimo
nsmekanik

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 06:49:50 AM »

Hello , Tim !

(a little joke there)

sadly , the kit supplied decals are for a 'regular' wing Il-2 , not the 'arrow' that the kit depicts.

It's been awhile, how can you tell.......  Grin.   I forgot about that until long after I posted this, so I'm thinking I started off with the wrong plane, so lets try this one

Actualy I got the Eduard kit for these decals, but I'm afriad at the rate things are progressing the decals are giong to desintigate by the time I get them in the water  Angry .

The question is what color piants were used on these planes.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 01:04:48 PM »

Hello , Tim !

(a little joke there)

It's been awhile, how can you tell.......  Grin.   I forgot about that until long after I posted this, so I'm thinking I started off with the wrong plane, so lets try this one

Actualy I got the Eduard kit for these decals, but I'm afriad at the rate things are progressing the decals are giong to desintigate by the time I get them in the water  Angry .

The question is what color piants were used on these planes.

Hi,
it is a good image showing a 3 shade camouflage.
I found another plane with some similiarities, apart for the strong reflection on the fuselage and the overall lower quality.
I think that it's possible to trace the scheme, particularly if someone finds photos of other Il-2s with similar camo.
Massimo

nsmekanik

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 10:49:43 AM »

Hi Massimo,
  What piants would be used on this plane?
marluc

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 01:27:10 PM »

nsmekanik,I like the cockpit interior of your Il-2.I?m still thinking that "white 07" is an "arrow" wing.
Sorry I can?t help you with the colours,regarding this topic I?m more confused every day.
Greetings.

Martin
bonifaz

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »

Hi Massimo,
  What piants would be used on this plane?
I think AMT12/4/1 for upper half and AMT7 for undersite. Like this Tu2 http://scalemodels.ru/modules/myarticles/img_2386_1263041704_dsc00015.jpg.html .
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:01:20 PM by bonifaz » Logged
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 08:45:35 PM »

Hi all,
I've tried to colorize an image to give an idea. The resulting scheme has resemblance with the one that I've already posted, but green and dark grey look inverted.
A band in the cockpit area looks green instead of light brown, perhaps a repainting because the frames look lighter.
A noticeable characteristic of this plane is the white number 12 visible on the left wing uppersurface.
The spinner looks painted with an unidentified medium color, possibly AMT-7.
Massimo

John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 09:14:02 PM »

Sorry I can?t help you with the colours,regarding this topic I?m more confused every day.
Greetings.

Martin

You and me both! Trying to find the correct information in that lengthy thread on ARC is giving me a headache. Thank Heaven Massimo seems to have the heroic patience and determination required to try to assemble the useful parts of it into a colour chart format. Someone posted a question about colours today on the hobbyvista forum, and I was afraid to try to answer, because I thought I might scare him! Wink

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »

You and me both! Trying to find the correct information in that lengthy thread on ARC is giving me a headache. Thank Heaven Massimo seems to have the heroic patience and determination required to try to assemble the useful parts of it into a colour chart format. Someone posted a question about colours today on the hobbyvista forum, and I was afraid to try to answer, because I thought I might scare him!

John
If he has the courtesy to ask in this forum, I can try to answer. As you know, I'm banned from Hobbyvista forum.
massimo
marluc

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 09:36:46 PM »

You and me both! Trying to find the correct information in that lengthy thread on ARC is giving me a headache. Thank Heaven Massimo seems to have the heroic patience and determination required to try to assemble the useful parts of it into a colour chart format.

Totally agree,I feel just the same.It?s hard to find a clear conclusion regarding the soviet colours in the ARC thread.
Massimo,the colorized image is a excellent way to show us your interpretation.
Greetings.

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 10:45:33 PM »

Hi Martin, hi John,
the colorized photo was a quick way to show my idea. I thought to trace a 3 view drawing, but at the end colorizing a photo was much quicker, even if it is a rough work.
About the text: on Arcforum , Dragonlance loaded an automatic translation of the work of Orlov at http://rapidshare.com/files/294249021/AiK_12-2008_rough_translation.rar.html
and Mario started to improve it, but it's a lot of time that I haven't news from him.
Massimo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: