Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tu-2 "Moskva" camouflage
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 09:59:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tu-2 "Moskva" camouflage  (Read 18770 times)
KL

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »

Few more:

warhawk

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 11:48:47 AM »

Thank you for your help.
Are there any aftermarket decals for this inscription?
If not, I will try to draw it from scratch in Autocad

Regards,
Aleksandar
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:53:36 AM by warhawk » Logged
Tigershuffle

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 01:53:28 PM »

Hi, new on here so not sure about raising this from the dead.

Im creating this "skin" for Warthunder pc game and am also trying to get some answers or opinions on whether the "dedication" may have been on the starboard side of all the "Moskva" division.

Москва
От трудящихся Киевского района ?

Moscow
"From the workers of the Kiev district"  ?

As we all know sometimes the original model kits end up been almost lore despite them probably only working off limited photos (pre internet) as a basis for the scheme.

This is what im working on
and if anyone can make a template for the writing it would be of great use.

Im still tinkering with the colour scheme as I just used it from another model in Warthunder as the stock TU-2 is non camouflage plain green.

Thank you
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 05:09:11 PM »

Hi,
I suppose that you've already seen this page:
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/tu-2/tu-2camo/tu-2camo.htm
Although not conclusive, the photo of this plane suggests a three shades camouflage as from factory sketch: brown, green and grey, with the part over the wings faded and the tail and rear fuselage repainted with fresher colors.
The pattern you have utilized was an official standard for 1945, but none photo I know supports its effective use on any Tu-2. Not on n.32, at least, that follows, more or less, the pattern reported in the linkled page.
Regards
Massimo
Tigershuffle

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 10:01:26 PM »

thanks for the info....   Grin

back to photoshop/hangar it is.

Not one step back.....until its finished   Smiley
KL

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 05:13:19 PM »

Those Tu-2 bombers were donated on October 16, 1944.  This piece of information implies that they mast have been camouflaged in 3-colour scheme.  2-gray scheme appeared later and should be excluded.  Solid green colour scheme was used after the war, but these planes haven't been repainted.
KL
Tigershuffle

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 08:23:27 PM »

These are ingame screenshots that a War Thunder modder Wuax has made at my request.

Im going to use his template to make a tricolour camo when I get the time.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2015, 06:19:48 PM »

Hi,
really beautiful images. With little photoshopping, they could really seem true photos.
Regards
Massimo
learstang

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2015, 10:39:04 PM »

War Thunder has some beautiful graphics, and their Il-2's seem to be coming around in terms of better accuracy. Tigershuffle, it's nice to see a skinner using a good resource such as this site - maybe you need to do some Il-2 skins!

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: