Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Zvezda Il.2
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 05:03:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zvezda Il.2  (Read 3932 times)
Graham Boak

« on: July 30, 2010, 10:00:26 PM »

Is this a new kit or a rebox of one of the last wave of issues?
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »

Although I don't have the Zvezda version to compare for sure, it's apparently a reboxing of the Toko kit (see Massimo's comment at the very end of the following article):
http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il-2/zvezda/zvezda.htm

John

(Edit) Fool that I am, I'm at work at the moment, but if you want, leave a reply and when I'm at home, I'll dig out my Toko and Dakoplast kits and compare them to Massimo's images on the above article. There are several 1/72 Il-2 articles on the vvs.hobbyvista site, but none of them shows sprue images, and one actually says that the Eastern Express kit (which Massimo references, IIRC) is the Dakoplast kit. Either way, the direct answer to your question is that it's a reboxing, not a new kit, but let me know if you want more information.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:38:58 PM by John Thompson » Logged
learstang

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 01:07:57 AM »

The Zvezda kit is definitely a Toko rebranding (I've previously bought one).  The Eastern Express kits are sometimes Toko rebrandings, sometimes Dakoplast.  However, even if it says Dakoplast on the box top, you may still get the Toko mould, so Caveat Emptor!

Regards,

Learstang

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: