Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
IL-2 Build Commission
Sovietwarplanes
March 29, 2024, 04:24:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IL-2 Build Commission  (Read 4512 times)
learstang

« on: September 28, 2010, 07:39:14 PM »

I am in need of the services of a professional/model contest winner level modeller, preferably someone who has already built models for a magazine or book. At the present time I am in communication with a gentleman from Russia, named Gennady, who is the agent for Oleg Rastrenin, the world's foremost authority on the Shturmovik. After I approached Gennady for the sole purpose of getting permission to use some of Mr. Rastrenin's photographs for a book I was working on, he suggested that I collaborate on a book with Mr. Rastrenin, whereby Mr. Rastrenin covers the historical aspects of the IL-2 (he is the expert, after all), and I concentrate on the modelling aspects. The only problem I see with this is a not inconsiderable one - it's clear to me that the models the publisher expects are those of a master modeller. I, sadly, am no master modeller. I'm a good researcher with probably the most extensive list of IL-2 models and accessories in existence, and I'm a reasonably good writer, but I need a true master modeller to actually build the models, under my direction (I'll decide the paint schemes, any accessories to use, etc.). I need someone to build three models - the 1/72nd scale Toko straight-winged two-seater, the 1/48th scale Accurate Miniatures arrow (the swept-winged two-seater), and the 1/32nd scale Hobby Boss single-seater. I will need both multiple photographs of the finished models, and some in-progress shots - how many, I haven't decided yet. Once finished, the models will be sent to me. The modeller doesn't need to be an expert on the VVS or the Shturmovik, that's my area of expertise. I will provide the models and any information and reference material that is needed, but I need to know how much this will cost, of course. The modeller will be credited in the book for building these models. I'm getting more pressure to get this rolling, so the time frame is fairly short. Let's say by the end of the year - if this is feasible. Please respond via PM if you are interested in this project. Thank you!

Regards,

Learstang

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
K.Ingraham

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 11:13:01 PM »

Jason,
I was wondering if that review build was by you, now that I know your name I'll be alert.

I passed your request along to some good modelers in my circle. Good luck!
learstang

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 07:19:54 PM »

Thank you!  It looks now like I'll be doing them myself, but I might need some help, with the finishing (painting), for example.  I'll let you know.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: