Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Eduard Reissues 1/72nd Scale Il-2 Shturmovik
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 10:34:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eduard Reissues 1/72nd Scale Il-2 Shturmovik  (Read 6422 times)
learstang

« on: October 16, 2010, 02:02:53 AM »

This is to let people know that Eduard have reissued their 1/72nd scale Il-2 Shturmovik arrow (swept-winged two-seater).  This is not the Profipak version so it does not have any PE or resin parts, just plastic.  I've built one of these kits, and with the exception of the metal rear fuselage (inaccurate for any GPW arrow) this is a very nice kit and definitely recommended to anyone interested in the Shturmovik.  It is now available from Hannants for 6.64 Pounds Sterling.  Here's the link - http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EDK7410.

Regards,

Learstang

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
marluc

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 01:30:49 AM »

Thanks for the news Learstang,but in the Eduard box is marked as "1/48 scale" not 1/72.Greetings.

Martin
learstang

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 04:41:26 AM »

I noticed that, Martin, but Hannants just used an old 1/48th scale box top.  If you visit the Eduard site, it's clear they're reissuing their 1/72nd scale kit, not their reboxing of the 1/48th scale Accurate Miniatures kit.  The parts shown on the Hannants' site are also clearly those for the 1/72nd scale kit.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 02:07:10 PM »

Now the weekend edition of Eduard Il-2, 1/72, is available in Italy too, at a very cheap price.
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:35:51 PM »

... but Hannants just used an old 1/48th scale box top.  If you visit the Eduard site, it's clear they're reissuing their 1/72nd scale kit, not their reboxing of the 1/48th scale Accurate Miniatures kit. 
Thanks Jason.This Eduard 1/72 Il-2 is the reboxing of a kit from another manufacturer?
Greetings.

Martin
learstang

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 12:36:44 AM »

Actually, Martin, this is their own kit, which they first released in the late '90's I believe.  The 1/48th scale kit was a reboxing of the Accurate Miniatures kit, but the 1/72nd scale kit is Eduard's from their own moulding.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
marluc

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 01:59:06 PM »

Thanks Jason for your reply,greetings.

Martin
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 04:28:07 PM »

I noticed that, Martin, but Hannants just used an old 1/48th scale box top.  If you visit the Eduard site, it's clear they're reissuing their 1/72nd scale kit, not their reboxing of the 1/48th scale Accurate Miniatures kit.  The parts shown on the Hannants' site are also clearly those for the 1/72nd scale kit.

Regards,

Jason

For what it's worth, the blame (if any is needed) for this may lie with Eduard themselves, not Hannants. Go to the October Eduard newsletter and scroll down to page 7 - the box top image there is the same as the Hannants image - 1/48!
http://www.eduard.cz/info/download/files/info_eduard_october_2010.pdf

Here I go again, but I'll forgive Eduard of just about anything (anything legal, anyway) - wrong box top, smelly E-Day site, questionable Bf-109 canopy - if they would just do a new 1/72 Yak-1b!!!

John
learstang

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 05:41:41 PM »

Still, it's nice to see they've reissued this Il-2 kit.  I agree, John - it would be nice if they issued a Yak-1B.  Excuse my ignorance, but did the Yak-1B always have the bubble-type canopy?  Not that a razorback Yak-1 wouldn't be nice - say, Lidia Litvyak's plane.

Regards,

Jason

- Warren William Zevon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: