Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
810 ShAP Dedicated Web Site
Sovietwarplanes
April 19, 2024, 04:24:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 810 ShAP Dedicated Web Site  (Read 5010 times)
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« on: January 01, 2011, 02:03:17 AM »

Includes a section on the Il-2, with video, etc.; may be of interest to Jason and other Shturmovik buffs:
http://810-shap.org/

John
learstang

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 06:28:02 AM »

Thank you for the link, John!  I've had a look at it and it actually has some Il-2 videos (modern shows) that I hadn't seen yet.  What I would also like is the kind of detailed structural manual on the Il-2 I've seen for other aircraft, such as the I-153.  On the scalemodels.ru site (the same thread that mentions the 810 ShAP site), I've seen a detailed drawing of the early metal Il-2 wing.  It might very well have come from such a manual.  One time on eBay I saw a GPW manual (not the Flight Manual, which I have both in Russian and in an English translation), that may have included such structural details.  Unfortunately I didn't buy it, and I haven't seen its like since.  If you or anyone else has knowledge of how I could obtain such a manual, I would be greatly appreciative!

Regards and Happy New Year!

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
warhawk

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 11:51:41 AM »

Excellent find, thanks for the link!
Nice videos.
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 03:41:50 AM »

Thank you for the link, John!  I've had a look at it and it actually has some Il-2 videos (modern shows) that I hadn't seen yet.  What I would also like is the kind of detailed structural manual on the Il-2 I've seen for other aircraft, such as the I-153.  On the scalemodels.ru site (the same thread that mentions the 810 ShAP site), I've seen a detailed drawing of the early metal Il-2 wing.  It might very well have come from such a manual.  One time on eBay I saw a GPW manual (not the Flight Manual, which I have both in Russian and in an English translation), that may have included such structural details.  Unfortunately I didn't buy it, and I haven't seen its like since.  If you or anyone else has knowledge of how I could obtain such a manual, I would be greatly appreciative!

Regards and Happy New Year!

Jason

I don't think it's available on-line yet. I did several searches in both English and Russian, and all I got was the flight manual (available in about a dozen places) or the pilot training film (also widely available). And of course, hundreds of references to that stupid video game that Ubisoft so helpfully called "IL-2", for whatever reason! The availability of these technical manuals seems to depend on someone (usually one of the regulars on Scalemodels.ru)
borrowing a copy from some archive, scanning it, and then posting the results on-line in pdf format.

I started digging through the pinned Il-2 thread on Scalemodels.ru, and also saw that wing drawing you mention, so at least some parts of the manual have apparently been scanned already.

There may be something of interest here:
http://wn.com/Ilyushin_Il-2

Or here - if nothing else, it's entertaining to run all 3 segments at the same time!
http://ravlov.com/avia/

John
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 03:44:02 AM by John Thompson » Logged
learstang

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 04:27:07 AM »

Again, thank you for the links, John!  I understand your frustration with the IL-2 games; I have both games, and they're excellent games (although they need to realise that it's SHturmovik, not Sturmovik!), but I'm getting tired of my Internet and eBay searches pulling up endless results regarding these games.

Regards,

Jason

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

- Warren William Zevon
Dark Green Man

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 01:41:50 AM »

Bolshoi Spasibo!

"when we lose the right to be different, we lose the priviledge to be free"--Charles Evans Hughes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: