Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
new page on colors of Soviet planes pre-1937
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 11:39:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: new page on colors of Soviet planes pre-1937  (Read 48674 times)
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2011, 07:29:40 AM »

Hi Konstantin,
thank you for your comments, silver/grey Su-2s could be added to the page of 1940 planes. Pity for the scarce images, but I have found a pair of photos of an overall silver Su-2 in 1942, flying aside two camouflaged ones. It's a famous movie, I suppose that you could have already seen it. It shows a silver cowling too, only the foldable panels behind the turret are darker. The persistence of this painting is surprising.
Ivanov M-88 looks cherry red as Yak and I-301 were supposed to be.
Thank you for opening a new topic on post-1941 planes, I'll post something there for sure.
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »

... silver/grey Su-2s could be added to the page of 1940 planes.

you should add Su-2s made in first 6 months of 1940 to your 1937-1940 page.  IMHO, those planes were light gray overall, same as SB bombers made at the same time.  Only about 30 planes were painted in this scheme - they should be extremely rare!!!

... I have found a pair of photos of an overall silver Su-2 in 1942, flying aside two camouflaged ones. It's a famous movie, I suppose that you could have already seen it. It shows a silver cowling too, only the foldable panels behind the turret are darker. The persistence of this painting is surprising.

1942 plane is more likely representative for winter camouflage!  Or some field improvisation, I would not mix that with 1937-1940 scheme!

Ivanov M-88 looks cherry red as Yak and I-301 were supposed to be.

or just "protective green".  Yak and Lagg prototypes were mixed construction/wooden planes and were treated different than all metal Su-2 prototype.
Cheers,
KL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: