Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Elabourately Painted IL-2
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 04:07:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  
Author Topic: Elabourately Painted IL-2  (Read 100561 times)
66misos

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2014, 09:10:58 AM »

Hi Massimo,
a little correction in your mail above:
"...рисунок (внизу) сделал Михаил Быков, он и на ВИФе это подтвердил что рисовал его с плохих фотографий."
Picture (bellow) was drawn by Mikhail Bykov, he also confirmed at ВИФ (not wife, but Voenno-istoricheskiy Forum = War-Historical Forum at airforce.ru, where I posted my questions on Dec 1st, 2014), that he drew that picture according to the low-quality photographs.

Unless there appear new better photographs, I have no problems with your interpretation of the horizontal stabilizer painting.

regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2014, 10:50:58 AM »

Hi Misos, I see. I was just wondering if he drew profiles aside his wife.
Regards
Massimo
KL

« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2014, 11:13:35 PM »

I was just wondering if he drew profiles aside his wife.

Hi Massimo,
I am wondering if Bykov's wife interviewed the veterans???

Regards,
KL
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »

No wife, nor interview, it seems.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #199 on: December 30, 2014, 07:36:53 AM »

Hi all,
another example of 6-braced red star on a spinner:
[IMG SRC=http://f3.s.qip.ru/01mV5P.jpg]
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2015, 09:20:09 AM »

Hi all,
I've made this reconstruction of Stepanyan's plane.

Does it seem good?

Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2015, 09:07:42 AM »

Hi all,
I've made this reconstruction of Stepanyan's plane.

Does it seem good?

Regards
Massimo

Very good.
Without a photo of the upper surfaces it is a best guess as to what it was like.
I think it is very accurate for what we have in hand at present.
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2015, 09:39:33 AM »

Hi Rodney,
I agree, there is some (a lot of) guessing particularly on the uppersurfaces and tail. The green rear of the spinner is dubious too.
I think I'll turn the sea to a less green shade.
there is still some detail to correct, as the machine gun.
I'm working on a small page collecting some of the informations emerged from the discussion. I'll upload it soon.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2015, 10:54:46 AM »

Hi Massimo,
very nice picture!
I would like to add some notes:
1. machine gun should be removed from the rear cockpit in the top view,
2. canopy framing in the top view should be painted green,
3. stripes on the probeller blades should not have the same width. Outer one should be thinner than inner one.
4. very top of the tail should be also green,
5. IMHO bottom red on the front fuselage and green on the bottom wing leading edge should meet in one point (note front view - you have the red one higher than green),
6. green stripe on the wing root cover longer/wider part of the wing trailing edge in the side view (IMHO correct) than in the top view (IMHO incorrect),
7. IMHO red on the top front fuselage does not create a "tip" directly in front of the windshield, but should be aligned to the framing on the windsield, analogically to anti-glare painting. In such way it would create visually more homogenous suface fom the pilot perspective.
8. It is onle my feeling but painting on the top horizontal stabilizer looks strange from me. Probably whole fix part should/could be green.
Regards,
    66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2015, 03:15:50 PM »

Hi Misos,
I've seen your list just now that I'm uploading a page on this plane and his pilot. Thank you, it shows a very careful exam of the drawing.
I've already made some corrections on the drawing, while other ones are still to make.
I don't know about your interpretation of the red part over the nose. Photos are not clear, but I think that it ends in a point as on the sides. The curve, when visible, is too far from the windshield to suggest that it goes to the frame instead of the central line.
About the tail, I've enclosed an enlarged detail in my page where the green over the stabilizer looks as I've drawn it, not arriving to the hinge line.
I've unpload a page on it at http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/il-2/il2-camo/il-2m/stepanyan/stepanyan.html. Please, have a look.
If you find further corrections to the drawing or to the text (merged from many pages) please let me know.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2015, 05:40:18 PM »

Hi,
I've updated the drawing and the page. Please, let me know any impression.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2015, 06:38:09 AM »

I'll have to correct the flag of the navy in the painting, it should have both hammer and sickle and a red star on it.
Regards
Massimo
66misos

« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2015, 11:01:57 AM »

Hi Massimo,
I have only one note regarding flag in the right-side painting.
Whole white flag has soft edges while light blue stripe is sharp(-er) and seems going off the flag on the left and right side. It is too evident that it is added there. May be to slightly erase egdes and mainly left and right end of the stripe (to align it with the flag) with "soft-edge rubber" could help.
Regards,
   66misos

Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2015, 11:34:48 AM »

Hi Misos,
I see, it's from the photo, after a perspectical correction. Probably the original is somewhat naif, it should be fully redrawn. I know it's a rough image, now I've reduced them a bit to make the thing less evident.
Regards
Massimo
barneybolac

« Reply #209 on: July 25, 2017, 08:00:19 AM »

Shame Photobucket ruined this thread.
Found another image.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
  Print  

Jump to: