Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /membri/massimotessitori/sovietwarplanes/board/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Heinkel He-162 in NII-VVS
Sovietwarplanes
March 28, 2024, 03:25:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This forum replaces the old sovietwarplanes.com whose domain has expired in January 2017. It has been updated with the posts of the year 2016.
The new location of the site 'Sovietwarplanes pages' is at http://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heinkel He-162 in NII-VVS  (Read 10950 times)
marluc

« on: March 19, 2011, 01:31:39 PM »

Hello:

I would like to know in which colour was painted this Heinkel He-162 Salamander tested by the NII-VVS:

Thanks in advance,greetings.

Martin
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 06:57:04 PM »

Hi Martin,
I suppose it's an irregular layer of aluminium paint with some red parts.
Regards
Massimo
marluc

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 12:29:58 PM »

Thanks Massimo for your reply.At first I thought it looks like some kind of winter finnish,but I doubt it.It could be aluminium as you mentioned or a not evenly applied layer of AMT-7 perhaps.
Greetings.

Martin
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »

For what it's worth, here's a profile from Wings Palette:
http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/454/1/0/1

Note the NII logo on the tail in the profile; my wild guess for overall colour would be either a very weathered aluminum paint or else A-36m or its wood-use equivalent, since the He-162 was of wooden construction. Since Luftwaffe stuff is not part of my usual diet, I found the Wikipedia page on this aircraft to be interesting:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_He_162

The comment regarding its design for construction by semi- or unskilled labour was sadly ironic - "unskilled labour" no doubt meant "slaves"...  Sad Considering the circumstances in Germany at that point in the war and its unconventional appearance, it was apparently a surprisingly good aircraft!

John
Massimo Tessitori
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »

The comment regarding its design for construction by semi- or unskilled labour was sadly ironic - "unskilled labour" no doubt meant "slaves"..
Hi John,
for what I know, many pieces were made in furniture workshops. I don't know if these factories utilized war prisoner, women or what else at the end of the war.
Regards
Massimo
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 08:49:10 PM »

The comment regarding its design for construction by semi- or unskilled labour was sadly ironic - "unskilled labour" no doubt meant "slaves"..
Hi John,
for what I know, many pieces were made in furniture workshops. I don't know if these factories utilized war prisoner, women or what else at the end of the war.
Regards
Massimo

I'd rather be wrong about this, but the fact that one of the construction sites was Salzburg, of which city Wikipedia says, "During World War II, the KZ Salzburg-Maxglan concentration camp was located here. It was a Roma camp and provided slave labour to local industry" certainly suggests otherwise. Another site was Hinterbruhl; here Wikipedia is more specific - "During the Second World War, a satellite camp of Mauthausen concentration camp was opened inside the caverns, producing parts for the He 162 jet fighter". And finally, the even more horrid "Mittelwerk" - "Central Works (German: Mittelwerk) was a World War II factory that used Mittelbau-Dora forced labor in 2 main tunnels (1.6 km each) in the Kohnstein. The underground facility produced V-2 rockets, V-1 flying bombs, and other Nazi weapons". The postwar inspection report regarding this site (reproduced as a sidebar on the Wikipedia page for Mittelwerk) is just frightening. I'm posting this not because I want to prove my point (my ego is a bit more rugged than that) or to arouse old hatreds, but more as a reminder of the ultimate sacrifice made by so many innocent and forgotten people during those hellish times.

John
marluc

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 02:45:15 AM »

Thanks John for the profile.Greetings.

Martin
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 02:39:11 AM »

From the Red Stars-2 group build:
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_30114_start_0.html

John
marluc

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 12:37:42 PM »

Many thanks for the link John.Greetings.

Martin
John Thompson
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 12:04:01 AM »

Another photo which may be useful, found on ebay.de, although I think from the markings on the back of the photo that it might have originated from the Imperial War Museum archives, so it's probably fairly well known:

John
marluc

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 11:34:07 PM »

Thanks for the photo John,I didn?t know it.Same plane but from a different angle,greetings.

Martin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: